Developer Nihon Falcom has revealed new key art for their upcoming action JRPG Ys X Nordics, showcasing the core cast in an area called the Hideout. This illustration was presented in the last weekly Famitsu issue the game appeared in, but it was covered by text and overlaying graphics.
Ys X Nordics will occur between Ys II and Memories of Celceta, making it the new third canonical entry in Adol Christin’s adventure logs. The gameplay has undergone a significant shakeup, with there only being two playable characters this time around.
Special maneuvers can be unlocked via story scenes and exploration, allowing for environmental interaction. Further, in solo mode, the character you’re not controlling performs actions judged by their own discretion. Adol will be controlling a ship for combat and island hopping, too.
- If you missed it, check out our announcement coverage of Ys X Nordics and the initial onslaught of info via Famitsu.
- A Famitsu info drop shared an interview from Kondo, new in-game screenshots, renders, and more.
- The voice actress for Carja is confirmed to be Lynn.
- Adol & Carja Profiles
- New Character Profiles, Renders & Gameplay Info
- Gameplay Footage Reveal
- Release Date Reveal
- 4 New Characters & Ship Combat Details
- Adol Christin Edition
- Dengeki Special Edition
- Commercial & Screenshots
- Field & Ship Combat Footage
Unused Ys Seven concepts are being utilized in this outing, too. Ys X Nordics will allow players considerable explorative freedom, enabling naval travel with a recruitable crew and ship combat.
You can view the new Ys X Nordics key art below:
Ys X Nordics will launch in Japan for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Nintendo Switch on September 28, 2023.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.