The August 10, 2023, issue of Famitsu revealed new gameplay information for the upcoming Nihon Falcom-developed action JRPG Ys X Nordics. The main hub ship, the Sandras, Runestones related to Carja’s ancestry, and fishing have all been highlighted. Five new characters were also introduced in this Famitsu issue.
Huge stone monuments in which the ancestors of the Normans left stories of their achievements and events. These runestones are scattered throughout the Gulf of Obelia. When Adol and Carja, who have the power of mana, hold their hands over them, they are capable of reading said stories, from those who sought new lands to those who plundered and invaded others.
All Aboard the Sandras!
By inviting in-game characters to board the ship as crew members, the basic attributes of the Sandras can be enhanced. Furthermore, you can unlock various features and special events by recruiting characters with special skills or knowledge as crew members.
- Momina: Opens up the General Store, allowing you to buy recovery items and recipes.
- Romes: Opens up the Carpent Company, allowing you to purchase weapons and tactic manuals.
- Joel: Unlocks the fishing feature (more on that below).
- Ashlee: Special quests will trigger.
Adol and Carja can fish at Fishing Spots located across the world. Any fish you’ve caught will then be recorded in the Adventure Log. You can then receive rewards by showing your Adventure Log to Joel.
In addition, fishing spots will appear randomly throughout the Gulf of Obelia as you sail with the Sandras, and if you approach one of these spots, you can go fishing while on board.
Ys X Nordics will occur between Ys II and Memories of Celceta, making it the new third canonical entry in Adol Christin’s adventure logs. The gameplay has undergone a significant shakeup, with there only being two playable characters this time around.
Special maneuvers can be unlocked via story scenes and exploration, allowing for environmental interaction. Further, in solo mode, the character you’re not controlling performs actions judged by their own discretion. Adol will be controlling a ship for combat and island hopping, too.
Unused Ys Seven concepts are being utilized in this outing, too. Ys X Nordics will allow players considerable explorative freedom, enabling naval travel with a recruitable crew and ship combat.
- If you missed it, check out our announcement coverage of Ys X Nordics and the initial onslaught of info via Famitsu.
- A Famitsu info drop shared an interview from Kondo, new in-game screenshots, renders, and more.
- The voice actress for Carja is confirmed to be Lynn.
- Adol & Carja Profiles
- New Character Profiles, Renders & Gameplay Info
- Gameplay Footage Reveal
- Release Date Reveal
- 4 New Characters & Ship Combat Details
- Adol Christin Edition
- Dengeki Special Edition
- Commercial & Screenshots
- Field & Ship Combat Footage
- Previous Key Art
- Multiple Key Art + Box Art Website Update
- Gameplay Trailer
- Official Social Media Icons
- Official Desktop & Mobile Wallpapers
- Pre-Order Costume Bonuses
- Greiger Characters + Screenshots
- Release Growth System
- New Trailer
- Soundtrack Preview
- Cleria Armor DLC
- Pikkard Cosmetics
- Flair, Fugil, Balta, and Gunnar Character Introductions
- Subquests & Island Recapturing
- Newest Screenshots
- 8 Minutes of Gameplay
- 5 New NPC Introductions
Ys X Nordics will launch in Japan for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Nintendo Switch on September 28, 2023.
Ys X Nordics will launch in Traditional Chinese and Korean for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Nintendo Switch on September 28, 2023.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.