Developer Nihon Falcom has recently updated the official website of their upcoming action JRPG Ys X Nordics, depicting elements and characters we provided extensive coverage for yesterday.
In particular, the five newly introduced characters, Úlvar, Momina Yvelise, Romes Carpent, Joel Asrad, Ashley, and the highlighted gameplay systems, the Runestones, fishing, and Sandras ship functions, are presented here.
You can view the new Ys X Nordics screenshots via our gallery below, originating from PlayStation Blog:
Ys X Nordics will occur between Ys II and Memories of Celceta, making it the new third canonical entry in Adol Christin’s adventure logs. The gameplay has undergone a significant shakeup, with there only being two playable characters this time around.
Special maneuvers can be unlocked via story scenes and exploration, allowing for environmental interaction. Further, in solo mode, the character you’re not controlling performs actions judged by their own discretion. Adol will be controlling a ship for combat and island hopping, too.
Unused Ys Seven concepts are being utilized in this outing, too. Ys X Nordics will allow players considerable explorative freedom, enabling naval travel with a recruitable crew and ship combat.
- If you missed it, check out our announcement coverage of Ys X Nordics and the initial onslaught of info via Famitsu.
- A Famitsu info drop shared an interview from Kondo, new in-game screenshots, renders, and more.
- The voice actress for Carja is confirmed to be Lynn.
- Adol & Carja Profiles
- New Character Profiles, Renders & Gameplay Info
- Gameplay Footage Reveal
- Release Date Reveal
- 4 New Characters & Ship Combat Details
- Adol Christin Edition
- Dengeki Special Edition
- Commercial & Screenshots
- Field & Ship Combat Footage
- Previous Key Art
- Multiple Key Art + Box Art Website Update
- Gameplay Trailer
- Official Social Media Icons
- Official Desktop & Mobile Wallpapers
- Pre-Order Costume Bonuses
- Greiger Characters + Screenshots
- Release Growth System
- New Trailer
- Soundtrack Preview
- Cleria Armor DLC
- Pikkard Cosmetics
- Flair, Fugil, Balta, and Gunnar Character Introductions
- Subquests & Island Recapturing
- Newest Screenshots
- 8 Minutes of Gameplay
- 5 New NPC Introductions
- Runestones, Fishing & Sandras Ship
Ys X Nordics will launch in Japan for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Nintendo Switch on September 28, 2023.
Ys X Nordics will launch in Traditional Chinese and Korean for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Nintendo Switch on September 28, 2023.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.